Living a life without friends is living without warmth, companionship, laughter, adventure, encouragement, and countless memories. Friendship is one of the most treasured bonds that molds your life in ways unimaginable and unknown. For years, zillions of heartwarming stories about true friendship have been an epitome of this. Even in today’s digital age, #bff, #squadgoals, #friendsforlife are common trending hashtags on social media.
To celebrate this precious relationship on the upcoming International Friendship Day, we bring a Deep Learning challenge to you: #FriendshipGoals. The anthropology department of an ivy league school is planning to study the impact of friendship at different life stages. You have been hired as a Deep Learning specialist to assist their team in this project. Your task is to build a Deep Learning model that analyzes an image of a gathering among friends and classifies them into groups of toddlers, teenagers, or adults.
The dataset consists of images belonging to 3 categories namely toddlers, teenagers, or adults.
The benefits of practicing this problem by using unsupervised Machine Learning techniques are as follows:
- This challenge encourages you to apply your unsupervised Machine Learning skills to build models that classify images into multiple categories
- This challenge will help you enhance your knowledge of classification actively. It is one of the basic building blocks of Machine Learning and Deep Learning
We challenge you to build a predictive model that classifies an image of friends’ gatherings based on their age group.
Considering these unprecedented times that the world is facing due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we wish to do our bit and contribute the prize money for the welfare of the society.
Deep Learning is an application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that provides systems with the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Deep Learning is a science that determines patterns in data. These patterns provide deeper meaning to problems and help you to first understand problems better and then solve the same with elegance. HackerEarth’s Deep Learning challenge is designed to help you improve your Deep Learning skills by competing and learning from fellow participants.
Here’s presenting HackerEarth’s Deep Learning Challenge—#FriendshipGoals.
Why should you participate?
- To analyze and implement multiple algorithms and determine which is more appropriate for a problem
- To get hands-on experience in Deep Learning problems
Who should participate?
- Working professionals
- Deep Learning or Machine Learning enthusiasts
- College students (if you understand the basics of predictive modeling)