VTU invited applications for Change of Branch for academic year 2020-21 from college. Below are the instructions and important points to regarding Change of Branch given by VTU.
Instructions for applying for Change of Branch :
- Fees applicable for Change of Branch from the eligible students is as under:
a) Application fee of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) to be paid by each student through online mode using the link on
b) University fee of Rs. 5,000 /- (non refundable) to be paid by each student who is recommended by the College for approval of Change of Branch. This amount is to be paid by the students at their respective Colleges which in turn, the Colleges need to transfer to the University along with the list of students who have been recommended for Change of Branch for approval by the University.
- Web-link for applying for CoB:
(Contact for web portal entries (if any) 0831-2498130/2498188/2498133)
- Change of Branch can not be claimed as a matter of right.
- Prior to applying, the student shall verify his / her eligibility for the Change of Branch after the announcement of first year (I and II semester) results.
- It is hereby clarified that the application for Change of Branch does not guarantee the approval of a change of Branch (Clause COB 3 (9(b))).
- Application once submitted cannot be edited/resubmitted.
- The last date for applying is as mentioned in the Schedule-Refer Annx -I
- No requests/applications would be entertained after the last date as notified by the University. (Clause COB 3 (9(c)))
Confirmation of applications from Respective Colleges:
- The respective Colleges shall verify and confirm the entries made by the students by logging in the web portal using their resume entry credentials provided by VTU. Please refer to Schedule – Annx-I
- If the entries are found to be incorrect, the colleges shall put remark on the same in the field specified and make the final submission to the University.
- It’s the responsibility of the Institutes to ensure that the correct data is submitted to the University for further processing. The College (Autonomous Colleges) shall verify the CGPA carefully and other entries made by the students and confirm the same.
Link for Autonomous Colleges Change Of Branch : https://prexam.vtu.ac.in/coc
Generation of Merit list by University:
- The University will prepare the merit list as per the clause (Clause COB 3 (9(d))) based on the applications submitted online by the students and confirmed by the respective college.
- The above merit list will be provided to the respective colleges through web-portal which can be downloaded by using their login credentials. Please refer to the Schedule – Annx-I.
- The Change of Branch must be recommended for allotment by the College to the students as per the merit list prepared by the University and strictly in the order of merit, not exceeding the vacancies as per the prescribed formula.
- The College shall recommend the allotment of the Change of branch through web portal as per the Schedule – Annx-I. The hard copy of the same shall also be submitted along with prescribed fees for Change of Branch to the University for approval as per Schedule. Please refer Annx-I
- Branch once changed cannot be reverted and/ or changed again.
- After the submission of the list by the colleges, the University will verify the same as per Regulations and announce the final list of students who have given the Change of Branch.
- No student will be permitted to attend the classes in the changed branch before the announcement of the list by the University.